The Lastlight Chronicles
This page compiles the settlements, regions, city-states and nations of the Lastlight Chronicles into a single list.
* Vandalin – a small village in Sunder, around eight days' south of Lastlight. Vandalin is more of a frontier town than Lastlight, and has been rebuilt in the last few decades.
* Sunder – a mountain chain in the centre of the continent. Also a collective term for the towns, monasteries and colleges that dot that mountain chain.
* Altamar – a fortress city, renowned for its pivotal role in the ancient wars. Altamar is one of the largest cities on the continent and extends its light into surrounding areas like Sunder, Marador and The Heathlands.
* The Heathlands - a large region southeast of Altamar and Sunder, without any strong central ruler. The region has lately been seen as a powder keg, with bandits taking over swathes of territory and peasants revolting against their local lords.
* The Magisterium is the ancient, magic-fuelled empire that once ruled over much of the continent. Few details are known of it, but it is believed to have been multi-ethnic, multi-racial and originating in the northern lands. The Magisterium stretched as far south as Altamar and Tarataras. Notoriously, the city-states of The Septeme never fell under the Magisterium's sway. Much of the continent's law, faiths and architectural prowess descends from the Magisters. The Magisterium reached its peak several hundred years ago, and was destroyed utterly in the Great War.
Nearby or well-known lands:
* The Septeme – an alliance of seven city-states to the east of Altamar and Lastlight. The seven cities of The Septeme are renowned for their wealth and stunning beauty, but are also hotbeds of treachery and scheming.
* Larnach – a wet, windswept land in the cold southeastern corner of the continent. Larnach has a historical reputation for piracy.
* Tajid – a peninsula to the north of Baltyr, once one of the central provinces of the Magisterium. Along with the Kesik islands off its coast, this region is known for is oppressive heat, dangerous wildlife, and strange magic.
* Tarataras – a land of rolling plains and grasslands populated by semi-nomadic tribes. Tarataras is separated from the bulk of the continent by a steep mountain range, and is largely unknown to the eastern lands.